News: 3 Phase RCBO Solutions
Author: Mark Date Posted:21 March 2019
AS/NZS 3000:2018 (commonly known as Wiring Rules) brings in a major change for residential applications. It states that additional protection by RCDs with a maximum rated residual current of 30mA shall be provided for all final sub-circuits. This clause applies to three phase circuits for air conditioner, cooktops, hot water systems, pool pumps, etc. that were historically not protected by an RCD.
Here at MJS Electrical Products & Supplies, we stock and sell a few RCBO solutions for 3 phase applications.
Clipsal MAX4 3P+N RCBOs
With the MAX4 range 3P+N RCBO you can offer an RCBO solution for 3 phase applications and comply with the latest wiring rules.
Features and Benefits of Clipsal MAX4 RCBOs include:
- Full installation flexibility with the option of having line connection either from top or bottom.
- Type A earth leakage protection provides additional safety.
- Cover all your needs with complete range from 10A to 40A
- Green strip on the toggle that guarantees opening of all the poles in safety conditions
- Easy fault identification with visible red tripping flag to identify earth leakage tripping
- Clear marking of neutral on left side
- RCBO takes up a total of 5 modules / poles on a standard din rail switchboard
Click HERE to Buy Clipsal 3 Phase RCBOs from MJS Electrical Products & Supplies
Hager Compact 4P RCBO
The 4P RCBO is a compact solution for three phase installations in DIN rail enclosures. It combines RCD and MCB protection in a 4 module wide device and is compatible with the Hager onekonekt system. Operating for unbalanced loads and balanced loads, 3 phase protection in DIN rail switchboards has never been as simple and space saving.
Features and Benefits of Hager Compact 4P RCBOs include:
- Space saving - The 4 pole RCBO combines RCD and MCB protection in a 4 module wide device.
- Onekonekt compatible - With its isolated neutral fork terminal, the device fits smoothly on a 3 phase busbar (KDN380x) making it fast and easy to install. The Neutral cage terminal can be connected to the neutral link or to the neutral busbar (KB181x).
- Simple replacement - Bi stable DIN clips guarantee easy removal of the device without the need to disconnect or unwire other devices.
- Wiring rules compliant - The neutral in the 4P RCBOs can be wired to the neutral link or connected through our KB181x busbar to comply with AS/NZS 3000.
- All options covered - Auxiliaries can be mounted on the left side of the product to either remotely trip the device or check its position.
- 3 phase - The 4P RCBO will operate for 3 phase unbalanced loads and balanced loads.
Click HERE to buy Hager Compact 4P RCBOs from MJS Electrical Products & Supplies